Saturday, August 7, 2010

Just a Regular Week in Auckland

I have been having a great time just living life in Auckland. I spend two days a week at my internship, and the rest in classes at AUT. We didn't go on a trip this weekend, but I managed to do a lot of fun stuff around the city. On Friday I went running along Tamaki Drive, which has a really nice waterfront path for runners and bikers. It was a beautiful day and I went as far as Mission Bay Beach, which is a nice area for restaurants and beach cafe's.



On Saturday we went to the Auckland Farmer's Market. There were all kinds of speciality cheeses, pastries, vegetables, fruits, and fish. In the evening the whole group went to our friend Kahu's house for a potluck dinner and to watch the All Blacks rugby game. The All Blacks won and we had a really great time. Today we went on a free trip to Kelly Tarleton's Underwater World, which is Auckland's aquarium. There were all kinds of fish, shark and stingrays, but the main event was the antarctic penguin colony. There were so many penguins and we got to see them up close. It was so amazing!


Now, I'm busy organizing a group camping trip to the Coromandel for the upcoming weekend. It should be a lot of fun. Along with some others in the group, we are planning an awesome spring break in the South Island of New Zealand. We plan to spend 17 days in the South Island from August 27th to September 12th. I am so excited to plan this trip! In the meantime, I have 3 more weeks of class until break! I hope everyone is doing well!

Love, Dafna

1 comment:

  1. Daffy! I finally caught up on all your posts and everything sounds so amazing. Mad jealous over here :p Your photos are also really great. Keep chunking it out and enjoyyy!

    ReplyDelete