On Friday, the whole group went to a going away party for our friend Kahu. He works with the group and is moving to Gisborne, which is on the east coast of the North Island. It was a really fun farewell party, and a good chance for our group to get together to hang out. On Saturday a few of us went to the Otara Market. It's located in South Auckland, which was pretty far away. It is supposed to be the largest Maori and Polynesian market. There were so many stands of fruits and vegetables, as well as prepared food and other random stuff. I bought all kinds of good food, like silverbeet, which is a form of swiss chard, and kiwi's! I was hesitant to try the black Maori potatoes...
Today a big group of us went to the Auckland vs. Northland rugby game at Eden Park. It was really cool to watch a rugby game live. It is so violent! But luckily, Auckland won the game and we had a great time! We even got to meet some of the players after the game!
We leave for the South Island in 5 days! I am so excited! I hope everyone is doing well!
Love, Dafna
The game seems a bit gruesome. It's nice that you got to mingle with some of the players though. Truly, a rugby game is one of the most exciting matches to watch these days.
ReplyDelete-Savannah Adams